President - Katie Huynh
Hello beautiful people, it's your SNA President Katie Huynh and I’m a Track 1 Senior! It has been an honor to serve on SNA's board last year as our organization has received national recognition for awards and now I am back again as your President in my final year at SDSU. I'm forever grateful to continue to develop as a leader in this professional organization. If I were to redo my college years again, I wish I would've embraced life to the fullest. Take time to indulge in what helps you balance your life. Nursing school is harsh so be kind to yourself ok? Self-care and forgiving yourself are my secret recipes to surviving nursing school.
So about me! Besides being a full-time nursing student, I'm a Department Coordinator for the NICU/Labor and Delivery department, work in the NICU, and avid Radys Hospital Dance Marathon fundraiser. Can you guess my area of interest?? Yup, working with the pediatric population is the correct answer! In my free time, I enjoy soaking in mother nature by being active outdoors. I have camped and hiked most of the National Parks on the West Coast and my favorite trail so far is the Narrows in Zion, beautiful I tell you! Additionally, I love having my creative juices flow by creating Spotify playlists, binge-watching movies, and thrifting. Most importantly what makes me a happy camper is meeting new faces to connect with. The pandemic makes it hard for anyone to connect with so just come up to say hi, I promise I don't bite. I will always be there for you guys to support and collaborate with you during and after my term. Do me a favor, smile at the next person you see, you don't even know how contiguous it is. :)
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As President, my responsibilities are to...
- Support the Board of Directors
- Conduct the Board of Directors and general membership meetings
- Keep members up to date with the current happenings of the state and national associations
- Attend the faculty meetings and serve as the student and SNA representative
- Help organize and execute the Pinning Ceremony and White Coat Ceremony with the School of Nursing
- Attend the state and national convention and serve as the head school representative