Legislative Director - Michael Taningco
Greetings and salutations! My name is Michael Taningco and I am humbled to be chosen to serve you as your Legislative Director. I am a Track 1 Senior with hopes to earn my way to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Outside of nursing school I enjoy Disneyland trips, drinking boba, and going on food adventures with friends. I am also an active member of the Aztec Catholic Newman Center on campus. I applied for this position with the hope of educating our nursing students about the importance of getting involved in nursing and healthcare legislation. As future nurses, we must not only be advocates for our patients, but we must also be advocates for our nursing practice and the healthcare system in which we will all work. This upcoming school year I look forward to sharing my knowledge and passion about the art and science of the nursing profession. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the near future, have a great school year!
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Legislative Director, my responsibilities are to...
- Keep the chapter bylaws current
- Coordinate and supervise the new officer elections in spring
- Include legislative information and bills pertaining to health care in each issue of Vital Signs
- Act as chairperson of the Legislative Committee and draft resolutions to present at the state and national conventions
- Host “Speaking of Nursing” events every semester to help students further develop professional skills tailored to today’s job market
- Act as liaison between state and national associations and our chapter in regards to the resolutions being presented at the conventions