Legislative Director - Tara King
Hello! My name is Tara King and I'm thrilled to be serving as Legislative Director for my junior year. I joined SNA my freshman year to connect with other freshman nursing students, as well as gain wisdom from older, more experienced nursing students. In my free time, I love spending time with my family, friends, and kitten, as well as baking and reading. As Legislative Director, I hope to advocate for nursing students' views and help create positive change for our future patients. After graduation, I hope to be a trauma or psychiatric nurse. I'm so excited about the upcoming year with you all, and please feel free to contact me any time!
E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Legislative Director, my responsibilities are to...
- Keep the chapter bylaws current
- Coordinate and supervise the new officer elections in spring
- Include legislative information and bills pertaining to health care in each issue of Vital Signs
- Act as chairperson of the Legislative Committee and draft resolutions to present at the state and national conventions
- Host “Speaking of Nursing” events every semester to help students further develop professional skills tailored to today’s job market
- Act as liaison between state and national associations and our chapter in regards to the resolutions being presented at the conventions