Legislative Director - Cristal Vieyra
Hi everyone! My name is Cristal Vieyra and I am so excited to be serving as your legislative director for my fourth and final year at San Diego State University. When I first stepped foot on this campus, as a first generation college student, I knew I wanted to get involved someway somehow and really make a difference at SDSU. You may have seen me at your orientation as your orientation leader, walking backwards on a campus tour, or in the residence halls as a resident advisor. I have a huge passion for helping all students transition to college life, and of course, there’s a special place in my heart for nursing students. In my free time, I love spending time with friends and family, hiking, and cooking. I hope as legislative director, I can expand our knowledge to make us better nurses about legislative information, i.e resolutions, and bills pertaining to health care. Upon graduation, I want to be a critical care or oncology nurse and eventually, earn an advanced nursing degree to become a nurse practitioner. I look forward to an amazing year with all of you and feel free to reach out to me anytime!
E-mail me at: email@example.com
As Legislative Director, my responsibilities are to...
- Keep the chapter bylaws current
- Coordinate and supervise the new officer elections in spring
- Include legislative information and bills pertaining to health care in each issue of Vital Signs
- Act as chairperson of the Legislative Committee and draft resolutions to present at the state and national conventions
- Host “Speaking of Nursing” events every semester to help students further develop professional skills tailored to today’s job market
- Act as liaison between state and national associations and our chapter in regards to the resolutions being presented at the conventions